Ganked from irishrose26
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate. Egg Nog is all right. I really like the peppermint mochas at Starbucks, which remind me a little bit of hot chocolate with peppermint (though I think they have that, too. Hee.)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
He wraps them! I never understand people who don't wrap them. What is the fun in that?! You look at your pile and go, "Oh, okay. Guess that's it." *shrugs*
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored, baby! I like 'em.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No...would be fun, though.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
This year we put ours up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It usually varies between Thanksgiving and the first week of December, but never later that that.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
My aunt's crab dip, OMG YUM. I ONLY eat this on Christmas Day, and it is to die for.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Waiting for the house to fill up with the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls, which my mom would bake all day (on Chrismas Eve). Then we'd order pizza for dinner, and when it got dark we'd drive around Raleigh looking at all the Christmas lights.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think late elementary school...I was a bad girl and got out of bed and saw my parents wrapping them, hehe.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Now that I'm with Michael, we open presents with his mom and sisters on Christmas Eve. But my family doesn't. Lyndsay and I tried SO HARD when we were younger to do the 'just one present' thing, but my parents never let us. Sob.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
This year we have colored lights, candy canes, about 10 Hallmark ornaments (yey discounts) and some generic ornaments we got last year. A little more fun, less 'themed' than last year's tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I don't get enough of it, so I love it.
12. Can you ice skate?
Barely. Definitely not backwards.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The first gift I really remember being excited about was a Teddy Ruxpin doll...I don't even know if I'm spelling that correctly. It was a bear that could play cassette tapes, and I loved that thing so much.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with family and friends, coming together and celebrating joyous times with each other.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I have a lot...driving to look at lights on Christmas Eve, eating cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast, watching A Christmas Story AT LEAST once throughout Christmas Eve/Day, having a crapload of Christmas celebrations because of all the family we have.
17. What tops your tree?
We have a little silver star we got last year on ours at the apartment.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving! I mean, I like receiving, don't get me wrong. But I get downright GIDDY at finding the perfect present for my loved ones. I HAVE to get the perfect present, and don't stop looking until I do.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
20. Candy Canes?
On the tree!
I need a holiday icon.